Jan 19, 2012

The Admiral was more than admirable.

bookworks

After a few excellent lectures and demos at Bookworks I decided to go for a stroll and find some sustenance. What I found not only filled my belly but also satisfied my tingling tastebuds.

outside sign

If I could recommend one place to be sure and visit in Asheville, NC it would be The Admiral. The food, atmosphere, and drinks at this restaurant were unreal.

"The elegance of a clipper ship in full sail with the practicality and economy of a cinder block."

admiral in the fish tank

Not to mention the insanely cool Cathode Ray Aquarium.

soup tiny

It all began with the Coconut Bisque. Peeky Toe crab, Cilantro, and Spicy Pistachio.

glowing goodness

Before the meal arrived my comrade got a house made Ginger Ale and I got a Dark and Stormy (House made Ginger Ale, Rum, Black Strap, and Fresh Lime)

shrimp

Dinner was nothing short of divine. I got the NC Fresh Shrimp, complete with chili garlic, fries, cilantro and lime. The shrimp was tender and the fries were crispy.

pickle

The bro got the HNG Beef Tenderloin Tartare paired with a 64 degree egg yolk, smoked cheddar, cornichons, sriracha aioli and toast.

toast

It was gone before I got to try it.

pesto

The atmosphere was awesome. The kitchen was viewable from the dining room so I snuck over to grab some shots of the master chef at work.

on a chef

beans

placing the food

yum in the empty tumbley

plating

If you're in NC there is absolutely no excuse for not visiting this restaurant. From the outside you can't really tell that it's a restaurant but once you're inside your taste buds will love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment