Apr 5, 2011

I don't know why you say "goodbye". I say "hello!"

2011

After a crazy weekend in Seattle for my friend Nicole's wedding and a little fever this morning I'm still trying to catch up on beauty sleep (which is probably more sanity sleep at this point).

However...
There was no way I could go to bed early without posting my most recent project.

IMG_9825

In this project I have combined 2 of my favorite things.

1. An organizational tool for creating a complete chronology of my daily activities.
AND
2. The Beatles.

That is correct. It is a book of song titles by the Beatles sung to the tune of 2011.

Now you might say "Isn't it a little late in the year to be creating a calendar of 2011?"
As true as that is, this calendar is great because it works for 2012 as well.
My secret? No days of the week, just numbers.

With that said, I hope you enjoy it. In the future I hope to give a couple away to some of my readers... if there are any of you out there.

hello

What better song than Hello, Goodbye to say "Hello" to the new year and "Goodbye" to the old year. The blue also seemed to represent the seasonal effects of January and my mood when I don't get enough vitamin D.

hand

February is a peachy pink to represent the color of your cheeks in the cold weather and the color of the flowers from your Valentine; who will most assuredly want to hold your hand.

forever

With March comes strawberry season. I only wish it lasted forever. This salmon color reminds me of the tiny little wild strawberries I occasionally find in my yard. Yum.

tax

No one really likes the Taxman, unless we're talking about the song.

This faded yellow with slight greenish hues represents how I feel about giving hard earned cash to the government. I guess it's better than wearing bright orange behind some vertical steel for not giving it to them.

hole

After those April showers you have to fix the holes where the rain got in (at least to stop your mind from wandering) Deep purple is the color of the sky at sunset on an evening in May as the cold weather longs to be warmer.

sun

Finally it's June and the sun is en route. This bright red reflects the color of my skin when I get a little too excited about the drastic change in weather.

obladi

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da definitely seems to be a theme song for our summer yard sailing adventures. July also seems to be our last glimpse of the green growth before it turns brown in August.

road

Speaking of August...

heh.

help

September screams for HELP! as we go head first into the new school year and yet remains a cool and casual navy blue as the weather begins to cool off.

blackbird

Although the title Blackbird would seem to represent something as ominous as Halloween for October it also reflects the hope of better celebrations in the months to come as it takes its broken wings and learns to fly. Oh, how I do love costumes though.

mother

I chose Your Mother Should Know for November because she can answer any of your feast preparation questions. The almond butter brown brings the color of the changing leaves (and the fact that I'll be eating more nuts than usual) to mind.

64

When I'm 64 seemed a good December choice... simply because it's my birthday month. The green carries the scent of pine with it reminding you to decorate your tree.


I hope to post more "good things" in the near future. Many of my brilliant piers are graduating with their BFA this year and I hope to give you a walk through of some of their senior projects next week.
Adios!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this. Emily's boyfriend is a huge Beatles fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vick, I LOVE this! Nice work you.

    ReplyDelete