Mar 29, 2011

Taylor is Graduating!

graduates

My cousin Taylor is graduating from high school!
WOOHOO!

She was kind enough to ask me to design some announcements for her. Here's a little glimpse.

june

These cards were screen printed with a gorgeous red infused purple, one of Taylor's favorite shades of purple...and mine too.

twenty eleven

I love the texture that is created by the dried paint.
The handmade aspect gives it a nice personal touch.

woohoo

I really enjoy the play between the typographical forces in this print. The type allows for variety in a solo color print.

beasley

The prints came in droves.

squeegee

Printed quick and painless.

paint

One of my favorite things about printing is mixing my own colors to print with.

orange

Speaking of color, here is my next clue.

clue #3

aqua

These lovely swatches are used as a formula guide for mixing PANTONE specific colors.

swatch

The swatches work exceptionally well with Von Son rubber based inks.

pantone

Samson is a little anxious to use them.

swatch fans

Worse comes to worse, I can use them to cool myself off in the summer.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....pretty cool. Silk screen really takes me back. I used to do a lot of that. Even tried some cmyk separations of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how in the world did you afford those pantone references, don't answer that....AWESOME! I am extreeeeeeeeeemely jealous. :)

    I love pantone! :)

    ReplyDelete