Mar 22, 2011

Celebration fit for the Appetite of a King

duckly

Tyrone got to stay home and man the fort.

Er... dog the fort?

Anyway, he kept the burglars away.

I eventually made it up to spokane and did a lot of window shopping.

I also returned a horrible rice cooker to Kohl's. It consistently burned my rice and constantly overflowed. Kohl's was kind enough to give me a gift card with the amount that it was currently on sale for and not the purchased price. Unfortunately, after 47 minutes in the store, I couldn't find anything else for $7.99
Needless to say my trips to these two stores were much more enjoyable.

As 5 o'clock rolled around I decided we were ready for linner.

(lunch + dinner = linner)

zola

My friends Austin and Laura have been raving about this place to me, so I decided we needed to see it for ourselves.

I made it just in time for happy hour. To my delight, all of the food on the menu was $5 during happy hour.

ginger ale

grapefruit shots


rum and coke


coaster

The inside Zola was in a word, fantastic. Note the old roller coaster bucket seats used for seating upstairs, and the individual rooms that can be partitioned with sliding barn doors, and these weren't the only repurposed items. There was also a "boat seat" and a shower head in place of the faucet in the bathroom.

Being that it was happy hour AND the tasty menu items were only $5 a pop AND I hadn't eaten since earlier that morning ... We might have gotten a little carried away.

pigs

First came the Italian sausage, prosciutto, and brie stuffed "pigs in a blanket"

shrimp purse

Then came the wonton purses filled with chinese cabbage and shrimp.

covered bread


queso...dilla

Then came the olive, chicken and cheese stuffed quesadilla.

delish

Followed by the horseradish sliders. My personal favorite. Obviously we didn't finish it all, but the leftovers made for a fun cleaning adventure in the car!


water


mineral


fringe


whip


bacon


ty man

And Tyrone is a little trooper for tagging along on all of our adventures.

cookies


davenport

We took a little gander at this hotel. The first Hotel in the country with running water.

rotating door

I'm a sucker for rotating doors. Of course there's always that moment that you're in there with someone else.

"If we get stuck in here I'm eating you. I get hypoglycemic."

buttermilk

Isn't this fun packaging from this store?

peppercorn

I also liked this jar of multicolored peppercorn.

cucumbers

I also love asian hot wings.

curry

And Curried Chicken noodles.

fortune


1 comment:

  1. Some amazing stuff. We will have to try that wild restaurant with the roller coaster seats!

    ReplyDelete