Aug 15, 2011

Guinness in Cake? Pinch me.

Guinness cake

I am allergic to coffee, as you will learn in a later post. Thankfully coffee isn't the only thing served at this coffeehouse and pub.

Take this five layer Guinness cake for example. Double yum.

Speaking of yum. Have I told you how much I love cereal?

moms

This generic cereal made my day... mostly because they took the time to pay a good designer to amp up their packaging.

best

Don't these boxes look awesome? I'm sure they made the cereal taste better.

awesome cereal box design

In all honesty I'm a huge sucker for packaging.
I probably wouldn't have tried this cereal otherwise.
(Well, the fact that they were on sale for a buck a box didn't hurt my motivation.)

pretty



napkins

After breakfast I picked me some awesome handkerchiefs at a yard sale. I love this color.

sushi

After some serious house cleaning I moved right on to lunch.
I was fortunate enough to enjoy a "doble doble" roll from Tokyo Seoul.
I needed to regain some energy for the Moscow Art Walk that would ensue that evening.

art walk

It was nice to see a decent turn out.

hops

The fresh brewed beers might have had something to do with that. Although, as an artist myself, I'd like to think that people were honestly interested in the visual stimuli.

asparagus

This asparagus was steamed, wrapped in garlic herb turkey and drizzled with curry.

garlic bread

Just to make sure that everyone had potent breath I toasted this thin crust garlic bread with LARGE chunks of garlic, small chunks of chicken and a good amount of mozzarella cheese.

salad

This lightly dressed salad was complete with smoked almonds, slices of grapefruit, fresh shaved parmesan, sugar snap peas and a french vinaigrette.

mousse

I also took my first swing at an avocado mousse topped with a curried shrimp, shaved almond, a slice of strawberry, a flake of parmesan and a sprinkle of scallions. It turned out pretty tasty.

one for all

Ultimately we ended up with a fun and inexpensive snacky dinner dressed to impress.

the table

We ate roman style around the coffee table.

Tyrone always appreciates it when we do this, it makes his job a lot easier.

1 comment:

  1. You have a sweet blog. I am inspired. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete