Aug 18, 2011

A Badger, Badger, Badger...

rooms

My Uncle Greg has been a fantastic and innovative chef as long I can remember. He married my Mom's youngest sister 15 years ago this month and it has been quite literally a tasty treat to have him in the family.

He prepared a fine meal for us starting with the above sautéed mushrooms.

mush

He let me get my hands into the meal as Sous Chef. (a.k.a. "watch and learn and mix these together")

I loved it.

marlowe

Marlowe was hoping for a few more crumbs.

mix

The red onion would add the perfect zip to the mushrooms before we threw them in the pan.

parsnips roasted

This dining experience was monumental due to the fact that I enjoyed my first parsnip, initially roasted and finally pureed.

shrooms

The sauce for the mushrooms is a secret but I do know that it involved some of this goodness.

onion

As Sous Chef I got to mince the onions for the main course: meat-loaf.

loaf

This turkey meat-loaf was packed with goodies.

kimchi

I got a little hungry during prep and snuck some kimchi out of the fridge.

glazed

After a pre-bake we brushed the meat-loaf with a rich tomato glaze.

uncooked

Unfortunately this recipe is undisclosed as well.

dogs

We were careful not drop any water on these gremlins. We did however give them a snack or two.

cooked

Yum. I never knew turkey could taste so good.

pellegrino

Dinner was delish and washed down with a fresh glass of Pellegrino Lemonata.

After dinner I returned to the Schultz home to prep for the next night in which I would prepare a send off dinner for them.

I then proceeded to catch some Z's

No comments:

Post a Comment