Jan 8, 2012

Eye Steak (It's like eye candy but, better)

loverly animals

After getting back from the pop down to So. Cal last July it was back to the Dr.'s office for a couple weeks and then off to North Carolina for the first ever Ladies of Letterpress Conference.

Flying out of the Seattle/Tacoma airport is always a breath of fresh air compared to the Spokane airport (which pretty much feels like cruising straight out of someone's backyard... if said person charged $18 for a tuna fish sandwich).

The suspended metallic animals above are hanging out in the SEA/TAC airport. Quite the spectacle.

fryers

When I'm in Seattle it's quite customary and almost obligatory for me to consume fish in some way shape or form because (where I live) salt water fish is rather hard to come by (and when you do come by it you probably don't want to risk eating it. Typically, I go for sushi but whilst at the airport my best option seemed to be the Salmon Fish and Chips from "Anthony's". I was memorized by the deep fryer... oh the possibilities that could be created by throwing ANYTHING in there to be christened in oil and bread crumbs. I mean, it's called a VULCAN... come on!

coke cup

If you don't already know... Coca-Cola is my favorite. Especially when it's vanilla coke with a splash of rum..

chipsy fish

The deep fried salmon was good.

The fries on the other hand...

salmon

But, like I said, the deep fried salmon was good.

owl

I had a layover in New York where I got to sit next to a Chinese man wearing a tourist shirt that said : "My wife said I had to choose between her and fishing. I'll miss her"... after take off he managed to fall asleep with his leg draped over my lap at which point his hearing magically became impaired and my attempts to remove said leg from my lap were in vein.

delta

This incident however, would be trumped on my return flight home by the man sitting next to me legitimately using the barf bag. Thank you delta.

tiny car

Upon arrival in North Carolina I was taxied to the rental car establishment with whom I had secured a compact car. Apparently they were fresh out of compact cars despite my reservation (Seinfeld moment anyone?) so I was given two options:
1. I could pay an additional $40/day for an upgrade to mid size or
2. I could take the Smart car

I opted for number 2 figuring that "at least I could get decent MPG's... who cares that I can't even fit my two carryons in the back."

smarts of mart

Was this a smart move?

dash

Note: the tiny dash couldn't even fit all of the meters above the steering wheel and thus was forced to suspend two meters above the radio.

flank meat

I saw Cowboys and Aliens and at 4 bucks a pop I managed to thoroughly enjoy the ridiculous genre combo. The day was concluded with a quick, juicy, meaty bite from Carrabba's (not too impressive) and a venture to the dingiest, scariest, stickiest hotel I've ever stayed at.

I slept in my clothes standing up on top of the mini fridge all weekend. The farther I could get away from the moist sticky floor the better.

Check back in a couple days to see how paper is made and to further your knowledge of my Series of Unfortunate Events.


No comments:

Post a Comment