Aug 16, 2011

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

with parm.

The best part of my summer was going home to California for a couple weeks to visit long time amigos and familia.

After an enjoyable burger, a car ride with a little Journey sing along and a good night sleep I hit the road for Simi Valley to enjoy the company of the Schultz family. I would house sit for them for a week and a half while they frolicked in the fields of Colorado.

I had a couple of nights to spend with them before they left. The first night we went to this awesome restaurant. The above pictured truffle fries were to die for!

Truffles kind of have that effect.

BASIL

The tomato bisque was also exquisite. A creamy balance of sweet and savory.

with parsley

I got the vodka shrimp, which actually turned out to be the least tasty of the dishes ordered. It looked good at least.

fried chicken

Holly's fried chicken was very good!
The chicken was nice and succulent but the exterior was a perfect crisp battered lightly enough to keep from weighing you down. The bed of mashed potatoes and gravy had a brilliant balance of garlic, butter and cream.

with veggies

Mamma Schultzy had teriyaki. The chicken was moist, tender and coated with a rich sauce.

mouth watering


Papa Schultzy had the pepper crusted gorgonzola burger. I didn't try this guy either but, oh man, it looked scrumptious.

birthday Luke

Papa Schultz had a June birthday so we coaxed the server to bring out a dessert for us to split 4 ways. Apple, peach cobbler (a first for me) accompanied with vanilla ice cream.

kegs

The Yardhouse's claim to fame is its large selection of draft beers. Here is a peak into the keg fridge.

patootie

Oh Holly, you're so cute. (Inasmuch as I use that word sarcastically, I am quite serious in this scenario.)

cutie

Am I right or am I right?

oh yeah

The next day Holly and I cruised down to Burbank to visit her favorite coffee shop.

chai

I, of course, got iced tea due to my unfortunate allergy.

muffin

My apple bran muffin was huge and tasty.

priscillas

A-OK.

scone

Holly's scone looked quite good as well.

palms

After breakfast we went for a little stroll past the WB back lot...

udderly awesome

Holly's keychain.

hot holly

It was nice to have such a good looking chauffeur for a day.

to Simi Valley

We headed back to Simi Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment